Winter Fuel Grant through WDC partner Act on Energy, may be able to get help with paying fuel bills. Find out who qualifies for help, and how to claim, on the Act on Energy website. If this does not apply then the Government has produced a guide for people struggling to pay essential bills because of the pandemic.
Elections: The deadline for postal votes for this election is 5pm on 20th April 2021 and 27th April 2021 for proxy votes. Strongly recommend you apply early.
Memory bank: We set-up our Covid-19 Memory Bank as a way of marking our experiences during the pandemic so we could preserve and share them for future generations to learn and reflect on.
So far we have had pictures of artwork, poems, blogs, videos and photos capturing everything from outdoor garden exercise and Zoom calls with friends to people sharing how the pandemic has affected them mentally and emotionally.
We’d like to encourage all of you to contribute something to that memory bank. Some things you could try:
- Provide a tribute to a loved one or friend lost to the virus
- If you have had the virus share your experience
- Share a picture of you having the vaccine
- Write down how you are feeling now as we experience the hardship of our third lockdown but look ahead with hope to the end of this pandemic
- Tell us what you are planning to do when normal life returns? Is there anything that has changed due to Covid-19 that you would like to see become permanent?
You can upload your experiences on our Covid-19 Memory Bank page.