Worcestershire Community Foundation (WCF) are in receipt of funding from the National Emergency Trust. The group is looking to support charities and voluntary organisations across the county who are doing great work in response to the health crisis.
The funding is also available to services supporting victims of rape and sexual abuse, and as they are yet to receive any requests for funding in this area, WCF would particularly welcome any applications.
Below is the basic criteria outlined for grant giving by WCF :
• Groups that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and well being is maintained
• Organisations in support of activities that relieve pressure on local statutory services, particularly emergency or health and social care provision, or compliment their responses
• Groups and activities that support vulnerable people self-isolating (the elderly, people with pre-existing medical conditions etc)
• Support for food banks and organisations working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic including child hunger
• Community response coordination
• Groups that have been specifically established to respond to the crisis
• Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the pandemic.
• Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
• Additional support as required for emotional support, mental health and bereavement support
If you would like any more information or to make a grant application please contact:
David Shaw, Chair, Worcestershire Community Foundation, COVID-19 Response Board
Tel: 07961 565978 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org